Need Some Ideas on Things your Club/Group Can Do?
Start a Club/Group
If you know of a group of Liberal seniors (65 and older) who might want to start a club/group, here’s what to do:
A club/group is formed when a group of at least 10 senior Liberals hold a founding meeting, elect an interim executive and adopt a constitution or set of bylaws. To be recognized by the SLC, a club/group must have at least 25 members; and,
- hold an annual meeting for the purpose of electing an executive;
- forward the club’s/group’s original constitution/bylaws on formation and any amendments that might be made from time to time, to the manager of the SLC;
- forward to the SLC manager annually: minutes of the club’s/group’s annual general meeting, an annual affiliation fee, and a list of both executive and membership;
- be recognized by its provincial or territorial senior’s Liberal commission.
To be recognized by a provincial/territorial senior’s Liberal commission;
- a club/group must be duly constituted at a formal meeting and must have at least 25 members in good standing;
- a letter asking for recognition must be sent to the provincial/territorial senior’s Liberal commission; the letter should enclose the following documents:
- the minutes of the founding meeting indicating the date, place and names with address and telephone numbers of the people attending the meeting
- a membership list with the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the members and the executive
- the constitution or bylaws of the club/group
- a letter signed by the club/group president stating that all members of the club/group are in good standing
- the provincial/territorial senior’s Liberal commission will study the documents and will forward a letter of recognition to the club/group
- the club/group is responsible for forwarding a copy of this letter of recognition to the SLC manager.
More information can be obtained from the president of the Provincial or Territorial seniors commission listed on the Executive page.
If you are not a member of the LPC, please Join the Party.